Monday, August 19, 2013

Black vs. African-American: What You Need to Know

So yesterday I started a season in NBA 2k and made my own player, naturally he's black and a lefty (I'm white and all righty), but then I got to thinking. What's the difference between being black and African-American and based on all the usual stereotypes my racist friends joke about that are almost always true my research I've come to decide that black is a state of mind, and no one owns it better than me. Sure I've never exactly "lived in the inner city" or "experienced diversity" or been "profiled because of my skin color." But on the other hand I couldn't be more broke, I hate working, and I absolutely LOVE watermelon, Kool-Aid, and fried chicken. Basketball is my bread and butter. I have the self-confidence of a much better, bigger, less ugly, more successful man, but without actually earning any of that self-confidence. Sure my dad's always been around and I still don't exactly know what a food stamp is but I feel like at that point we're just splitting hairs. No need to nitpick. So there it is I guess, African-American is an ethnicity, black is a state of mind.  And my mind is telling me that Tupac and I are pretty much two peas.  Oh did I mention I can rap? Yeah, I'm that black guy. What a cliche.




P.S.  I ain't a killa but don't push me




P.P.S.  I know this seems like it could be racist but it's cool i've got a couple black friends so no worries

No comments:

Post a Comment