Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Rose would kill his mom to win a championship...kinda...


ESPNChi - Chicago Bulls superstar Derrick Rose has his mental edge back. After sitting out all of last season while rehabbing from a torn ACL injury he suffered on April 28, 2012, Rose looks -- and sounds -- like a man who is ready to prove all his critics wrong.
While discussing what it will mean to him to be back on the floor against a different team in Saturday's preseason opener against the Indiana Pacers, the former MVP said it doesn't matter who he is playing, he would approach the game the same way.
"I'm a guy where whoever's on the court I'm going to go at them," Rose said. "If it's my teammates, it could be my mom on the court, she's going to get killed. I could care less who [is out there]. For me, I'm just trying to build that mentality where I don't care who's out there, I'm going to play the same way."

For those of you who don't know what this picture is, it's D-Rose doing the same thing he does right before every home game at the United Center: blowing a kiss to his mom. This is the same mom he seemingly can't do a single interview without mentioning, the same mom that he refused to take his MVP trophy picture without. If there is one thing that you can say about Derrick Rose (besides the fact the he's an absolute basketball God), the guy is a straight up momma's boy through and through, no bones about it. Like you know those little baby monkeys that get snatched up from sucking their mother's titty milk in the jungle and then get thrown into a zoo? Well, they have less separation anxiety from their moms than Derrick Rose does. And right here he's basically saying, "Yeah I fucking love my mom to death, that's my main bitch, but if she gets between me and a championship then I'm going to run her the fuck over. Nobody is going to get in my way."*
Basically he's saying he'd sell his soul to the devil to win a championship for this city. How can you not fucking love Derrick Rose? Chatter about him has settled down with the Hawks winning the Stanley Cup and now the solid start to the Trestman-era Bears and we haven't heard as much about Derrick as we normally would. It honestly feels like a lot of people in Chicago have forgotten he's the youngest MVP ever. But the fact that Chicago's top athlete is still hungry to prove that he can do more means nothing but great things for this team and this city. If you're not a Bulls fan that's fine, you don't have to cheer for them. Just do yourself a favor and don't bet against them this year. 

*paraphrased a little bit

October 29th in Miami cannot get here soon enough. Cue the tape.


No comments:

Post a Comment