Thursday, October 17, 2013

Carmelo Saying He Wants to Be a Free Agent is so Carmelo it Hurts


CBS Sports - New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony said in a recent interview that he wants to opt out of the final year of his contract this summer and test free agency.

"I want to be a free agent," Anthony told the New York Observer. "I think everybody in the NBA dreams to be a free agent at least one time in their career. It's like you have an evaluation period, you know. It's like if I'm in the gym and I have all the coaches, all the owners, all the GMs come into the gym and just evaluate everything I do. So yes, I want that experience."

This move is so Carmelo Anthony it hurts. At this point I honestly don't get Carmelo Anthony supporters. If you just like watching him shit on people and rain buckets then I get that, but if you legitimately want him on your team? Absolutely not, 'Melo's proven time and again that he's poison for a basketball team. He wants touches, he wants to put up a million shots and pad his stat line. He is just completely lacking in team mentality. On top of all that, he quite possibly tries even less than Carlos Boozer on defense. Just awful
I wonder what teams 'Melo dreamed about being traded to or signed by as a free agent when he was a kid. Because everybody dreams to be free agents, gotta get paid son! I can just picture it, little 5 year old Carmelo bartering with stuffed NBA mascots about who's going to give him a bigger bonus upfront. No doubt Benny the Bull won out 9 times out of 10. Such a boss. 

PS - Dwight Howard and the entire Miami Heat team are still light years ahead in hateability. Fact. If you disagree then you're a straight pud. 


No comments:

Post a Comment